DJ Balli + Ralph Brown - Tweet It! (Extratone Mix) [Sonic Belligeranza]
ARTIST: DJ Balli + Ralph Brown
TITLE: Tweet It!
LABEL: Soni Belligeranza
FORMAT: 12″ Picture-Disc
1) INTRO # How does Twitter sound?
2) @Paul Virilio creating an audio stream of the ]complete[ Twitter dataflow. Let’s start with a simple calculation of volume:
3) # Audio (CD quality) 44.100 Khz X 16 bit X 2 channels = 1.411.200 bits(per second)!
4) @Paul Virilio having compared most reliable statistics on the number of tweetsper day
5) it is reasonable to assume that Twitter produces an average of 2600individual tweets per second.
6) The estimated average length is 70 characters at 8 bit rate that is 2600 X 70 X 8 = 1.456.000 bits per second!
7) @Paul Virilio IN SHORT: TWITTER CURRENTLY PRODUCES ABOUT THE sameAMOUNT OF DATA PER SECOND (1.456.000 bps) AS A CD PROVIDES PER SECOND
8) According to Isaac Hepworth, product partnership @ Twitter “In a sample of a million tweets sent from twitter.com on 3 January 2012, the mean length was 67.9 characters.”
9) for a matter of simplification, let’s fix 70 characters as tweet’s average length [as in side A]
10) 70 micron is also about the size of grooves containing audio information on vinyl, not to mention 70 decibel which roughly indicates wax dynamics!
11) finally, about 70 rounds of a 45 rpm 12″ like this are necessary to complete each audio-tweet of 1 minute 40 seconds length
12) [it’s true on “Tweet it!” there are also INTRO and OUTRO which only last 14 seconds and are not 140(0) bpm)
13) @ Paul Virilio this record is an audio transposition of Twitter informational stream, whose dromology appears to be numerically connected (140, 70, 14, etc.) to cd and vinyl format.
14) OUTRO #How does Twitter sound?